The name "L'Aquila" is derived from the Italian word for "The Eagle" and was selected to reflect the owners' values: "The choice to stay as you are or to rise above your circumstances and daily stress."
We, at L'Aquila, believe in Romans 12:2 and Isaiah 40:29-31 which states:
- Don't be fashioned according to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may be in the good, acceptable and perfect will of God.
- He gives power to the faint; and to him who has no power he increases strength. Even the youths and the weary shall faint, and the young men shall utterly fall: but those who wait for Him shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk, and not faint.
When you leave L'Aquila, you will feel empowered to rise above your circumstances and to realize how special you are.
L’Aquila started as a wedding venue in 2002 & grew into a multifunctional estate.
We slowly grew by first expanding to a guest house. The Spa soon followed & now we are fully functional in all your needs.
- South African Bridal Industry Academy
- National Award Winner in the category 1st Night Honeymoon by the Brides and Grooms of the 2009 VOW Awards.
- Gold Award Winner in the category 1st Night Honeymoon - Gauteng by the Brides and Grooms of the 2009 VOW Awards.
- Voted under the Top 10 Wedding Venues in South Africa.